Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stickmen over cows

Now we have all seen the streets covered in bright neon squiggly lines that from the right angle resemble some kind of word, "Pedro y Maria" written right next to your house with the worst handwritten you have ever seen and an unthinkable amount of weed and dick drawings that just make you wonder who on earth decided that graffiti was a form of art and what did he take.

Like most people I would rather not having football teams fighting on the walls and just plain ridiculous phrases such as "The lion Dick" everytime I open my door (amusing at a child's park but just plain annoying accross the street) , on the other hand I would glady turn around the corner to find two cops making out on the wall.

Art, like everything else, is mostly rubbish and when you considerate the limited amount of time you've got to paint a wall its not surprising that most of the time we just see squiggly signatures on a trash can.

Now It would seem logical to begin talking about Banksy considering I'm in England, but it's way to obvious for my liking so instead of rats I''ll begin with the guy who made stickmen look cool:

Keith Hearing

Now if you're a vintage swatch watches fan, an artist wannabe such as myself or just really in touch with the gay artist community you might know who he is and even if youre none of those you might have seem one his work somewere, somehow but since he was not some anarchist criticizing politics or starting some sort of graffiti war most people don't put him on their "hardcore" list but in an environment where dead cows are the shiznit I wouldn't like to be popular either.

Keith Haring started drawing on the subways in New York, not exactly on the walls but on paper,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home